- Hiring Organisation: Rio Tinto Careers
- Vacant Position: Engineer: Plant
- Internship Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 72000-120000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 05/04/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Rio Tinto as a Engineer: Plant Job Role Which is Available For Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
Location. Rio Tinto has released this job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
Requirements for Engineer: Plant at Rio Tinto:-
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working in a challenging and exciting environment within Engineering department, you will be:
- Maintain and improve safety, health and environmental standards and practices
- Approve and enforce engineering / process operating standards for legal compliance in accordance with the Mine Health & Safety Act and company policies & procedures and undertake total legal accountability for operational equipment
- Develop, establish and apply the maintenance strategy to ensure optimal plant equipment performance, and implement asset performance measures in this regard
- Manage the planning and execution of major and recurring monthly shutdowns by coordinating appropriate resources, conducting safety planning, and ensuring availability of spares within scheduled timeframes
- Assess the content of shutdown plans in order to reduce unfavourable losses, without sacrificing equipment reliability and intrinsic value and integrity
- Manage the execution of planned maintenance-related shutdown work in close co-operation with the relevant stakeholders in order to achieve the shortest job duration, safe working practices and high quality of maintenance work
- Supervise and control the activities, standards of performance and behaviour of designated support staff and subordinates
- Prepare and control the section and maintenance budgets by forecasting operating costs and monitoring expenditure of normal and abnormal costs on a monthly basis
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team (standard for all job adverts)
- National Diploma or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC): Mines and Works
- 5 years’ experience in general engineering practices, preferably mining / smelting environment or heavy industrial engineering
- Exposure to projects and reliability engineering and conveyors, crushing and screening equipment will be an advantage
- Driver’s License: EB (Code 08)
Please attach ALL copies of your qualifications, failure to do so will result in your application being unsuccessful and an automatic regret of your application
Only online applications will be considered
Please note that failure to satisfy all the minimum requirements will lead to your application not being considered.
No statement of results will be considered.
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension, and savings plans
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental, etc)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
To Apply Online
First click on the apply now button given below. you will be redirected to the official job portal on company website at there read the official job description provided by the officials of the organization. after reading the job information fill the online job application form carefully then submit the job application form.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.