- Hiring Organisation: Transnet Careers
- Vacant Position: ER Officer
- Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Transnet as a ER Officer Job Role Which is Available For Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Location. Transnet has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
Post : , , , ,
The closing date is on 01.03.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Durban CT
Position Title : ER Officer
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : People Mgmt
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Regional ER Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 202487
To ensure in partnership with all stakeholders on shift , the continuous “hands on” pro-active implementation, management
and maintenance of fair employee relations , (Legislation, Policy, Practices and Procedures) which are consistent throughout
1. Manage Trade Union Representation iro. Recognition agreement.
2. Drafting and monitoring the distribution of business communication ,ops briefs and newsletters.
3. Solve and manage individual group grievance and other issues through consultation/negotiation and recommend within
laid down policy
4. Advise/ Line Managers and employees regarding E.R. issues (Training).
5. Advise/Assist employees on basic rights, E.R. procedure (Pro-active).
6. Schedule disciplinary hearings and ensure procedural fairness and compliance to the process.
7. Guide presiding officers during disciplinary hearings in order to ensure consistency and procedural fairness.
8. Manage industrial action/conflict on shop floor by negotiations, consulting and setting up action plans in conjunction with
9. Preparation of releases.
10. Preparation of documentation for arbitrations in conjunction with ER Manager.
11. Submission of weekly/ monthly E.R. reports to the ER Manager.
12. Conduct internal training in respect of disciplines, grievances, disputes procedures and knowing your rights and duties
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or National Diploma in Employee Relations or Human Resources Management, with focus/ majoring in Employee
Relations or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years practical work experience in Employee Relations.
- 3 Years practical experience in Industrial Relations.
- Knowledge of all policies and HR functions.
- Knowledge of Legislation (LRA, BCE, E.E., OHSA), Conciliation, Dispute Resolution and Mediation.
- High level of communication.
- Computer literate.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.transnet.net.