- Hiring Organisation: Sanparks Careers
- Vacant Position: Field Ranger
- Job Location: Addo
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 142135.00-191223.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Sanparks as a Field Ranger Job Role Which is Available For Addo Location. Sanparks has released this job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
- A minimum Certificate of Grade 12 (Std 10) is required.
- Peace officer and Tactical training, Basic Field ranger course, Conservation guardianship, Conservation Diploma or other relevant Accredited Field Ranger certificates are required.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience as an Armed Environmental Monitor, Field Guard or within Conservation is needed, Marine Protected Area, Terrestrial Biodiversity Management with the implementing relevant legislation (MRLA, NEMPAA, NEMBA, NVFA and others).
- Working knowledge of relevant Conservation Legislation.
- Provide proof of a valid code B driver’s license; PDP will serve as an added advantage.
- SAPS criminal record to be attached if available.
- Criminal checks will be done on the successful candidate.
- Computer literacy
- EMI training – certificate attached
- Should be Firearm Competent and a certificate should be provided. (NB: valid SAPD Competency Certificate; Original Training Competency Certificate for Business Unit Standards; PFTC Statement of results indicating the unit standards for Law and Business Purpose Unit Standards.)
- Must at least be 60% physically fit and be prepared to undergo a fitness test before the interview.
- Must be willing to undergo a medical exam.
- Law Enforcement that will include participating in regular patrols by foot in areas that are inaccessible by vehicle and in difficult, mountainous terrain;
- Anti-poaching operations throughout Addo Elephant National Park that will require the applicant to work flexi-time, night shift and overtime;
- Regular clandestine and camping deployments in support of anti-poaching operations in Addo Elephant National Park;
- Assistance with natural resources management that includes the implementation of the invasive plant, alien biota and unnatural soil erosion;
- Assistance with the management of the reserve’s fauna that includes water provision, game capture and culling operations;
- Assist with the control of visitor’s behaviour and access;
- Assist with the control of EPWP contractors’ movement within the park;
- Fence patrols and fence maintenance;
- General maintenance of conservation infrastructure such as generators, pumps, storerooms and including terrain near visitor facilities;
- Assist with maintenance and management of all assets.
To apply Fill the job application form online/offline and submit throuth the online link given below, if the job application from is in offline fill the form and send it to the authority’s human resource/ recruiting department. the application process can depend on the organisation wait for the response from the organisation.
To apply for this job please visit www.sanparks.org.