- Hiring Organisation: Transnet Careers
- Vacant Position: Manager
- Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Transnet as a Manager Job Role Which is Available For Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape Location. Transnet has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 07.03.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Manager – New Business Development
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Sales & Market
Location : Port Elizabeth
Reporting To : Managing Executive: Central Region
Grade Level : E
Reference Number : 10286991
To develop and implement strategies to build a viable and self- sufficient port through the creation of new revenue streams
for Transnet National Ports Authority by creating new business opportunities or expanding upon existing business
- Identify new business opportunities, identify of opportunities within new and existing business operations and the expansion
of current revenue streams
- Collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, potential investors, including industry players and Forums, Government
Departments and Agencies to pro-actively identify and purse the development of new business opportunities
- Implement and drive New Business initiatives identified throughout the port system
- Provide logistic solutions in line key segments and commodities to drive new business opportunities for the regional ports
- Build investor project leads/pipeline for potential Section 56 and non-S56 projects e.g. participation in investment promotion
activities, facilitation of potential investor meetings, record & capture of Unsolicited proposal received by the ports that could
potentially be converted into new business.
- Evaluate potential business opportunities to determine the impact on port infrastructure and port planning.
- Liaise with key functions e.g., port planning and development; regional strategy, port engineering, operations, SHEQ to
review Port Development Framework Plan (PDFP)
- Ensure compliance to applicable legislation, policies and guidelines e.g., National Ports Act, TNPA Lease Management
Manual, Concessions Process Manual and Guidelines for Licences, Agreements and permits and the port rules
- Conduct feasibility studies and compile business cases with supporting documentation and submissions required in terms
of governance protocols in place.
- Develop and monitor New Business revenue budgets from key revenue drivers
- Develop and monitor New Business expenditure budget including specific expenditure requirements to implement new
- Implement a reporting system for progress on new business development initiatives
- Implementation of a regional New Business Development Plan, Regional New Business Development Stakeholder Plan and
new Business Development Records, Documents and Archiving System
- Development of New Business Development Business Cases and applicable Thought Leadership and market related
- Market port spare capacity to ensure utilisation in line with ports/regional plans
Qualifications & Experience:M+3 degree: Marketing and Business Strategy Qualification or B Comm or Project Management
8 years proven marketing and business development track record displaying strong strategic and leadership abilities
- Hands on practical knowledge of business development functions
- Self – starter
- Initiative and creative
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Business Acumen
- Practical understanding of legislation within the port environment
- Project Management skills
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.transnet.net.