- Hiring Organisation: Transnet Careers
- Vacant Position: Officer: Information Security
- Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Transnet as a Officer: Information Security Job Role Which is Available For Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Location. Transnet has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 08.03.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Officer: Information Security
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : ICT
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Senior Manager: Support Services
Grade Level : F
Reference Number : 202513
The Information Security Officer is a key ICT Information Security ambassador who manages and guides the planning and
implementation of security administration for all IT projects. The ISO is responsible for the evaluation and selection of security
applications and systems and making recommendations as well as assists in the implementation of changes to work methods
and procedures to make them more effective or to strengthen security measures.
The ISO must implement the developed policies, standards and guidelines and conduct awareness programs relating to the
security of information assets and compliance thereof.
The position holder must provide expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues.
1. Designs and leads an enterprise wide information security program to identify, assess and mitigate security vulnerabilities
2. Guides the executive team on all aspects of information security, including trends, threats and vulnerabilities
3. Leads Information Security Solution Development and Maintenance Initiatives 4. Advises the technical architecture team
on the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions.
5. Develops and implements the information security strategy and governance framework which is in line with Transnet
information security objectives and industry best practices and provide education to the business.
6. Proactively works with IT management to develop, maintain, implement and integrate information security procedures,
standards and controls into the day-to-day operations
7. Manages Information Security technologies including identity and access management, penetration testing, identity theft,
denial of service (DoS) attacks, hacking techniques, user authentication, data encryption, vulnerability scanning, intrusion
detection, email scanning, web content filtering, virus management and security testing.
8. Keeps abreast of developments in the areas of legal, regulatory, corporate requirements, technological developments and
best practices in the information security field
9. Works closely with auditors and drive the necessary remediation of information security findings.
10. Conduct risk assessments on third parties to ensure compliance of information security standards.
11. Monitor the adequacy of mitigation plans in IT information security risk registers and reports / escalates these to
12. Drive security automation into the DevOps processes
13. Drive the vulnerability and patch management program
14. Coordinate technical information security assessments and penetration tests, as well as any remediation efforts.
15. Manage the information security products and support vendors security solutions
16. Detailed knowledge of information, computer & network security architecture standards, processes & procedures (e.g.
ISO27001 ” ISO27005, and CIS benchmark).
17. Detailed knowledge of security techniques for Physical, Virtual, Desktop, Application, Data, VPN, Data Centre, Hardware
& Network Equipment.
18. Sound understanding of network topologies and communication protocols & standards,
19. Prepares status reports on security matters
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant B-degree or B. Tech National/Advanced Diploma (NQF 6/7) in Computer Science or Information Technology/
- 4 years’ relevant experience in ICT Security Management
- Professional Qualifications Preferred:
o Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in the development and deployment of Information Security Programs
- Experience in enterprise information security architecture related roles and experience in technical analysis, vulnerability
scanning and information security assessments.
- Experience in Cyber-Security vulnerability and penetration testing and cyber-resilience.
- 1-year supervisory experience or specialist experience
- Knowledge/application of COBIT, ITIL. KING 4 and/or BS25999/ISO22301, ISO2700/1/2, ISO27031
- ISO 31000/ 31010
- Project Management
- IT Risks, Compliance and Governance Frameworks
- Network and server security, including firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, patch management, vulnerability management.
- Domain structures, user authentication and digital signatures and PKI.
- Intranet, Extranet, Internet, e-Commerce, Portal and EDI links.
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all the key platforms within the TPT environment,
o Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft Azure
o UNIX (AIX)
o IBM DB2
o VPN and remote access technologies
o CISCO network platforms
o Palo Alto firewall technologies
o Wireless Security
o Access Control
o Ethical Hacking skills
o Application Security
o IOT Security
o Cloud Security
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.transnet.net.