University of Pretoria
- Hiring Organisation: University of Pretoria Careers
- Vacant Position: Project Manager
- Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in University of Pretoria as a Project Manager Job Role Which is Available For Pretoria, Gauteng Location. University of Pretoria has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning and stakeholder relationship management:
- Provide strategic inputs on the identification of product development for recruitment material;
- Give input on the production planning for recruitment material;
- Coordinate, plan and present meetings with both external and internal stakeholders;
- Compile project plans and distribute them;
- Complete all administrative processes relating to projects (e.g. Minutes, agenda, weekly targets, etc.);
- Engage with stakeholders to facilitate project completion and to identify challenges;
- Address and resolve project challenges once identified;
- Communicate and implement changes relating to products;
- Develop training manuals;
- Organise and facilitate an annual publication workshop with all stakeholders;
- Manage the DESA publication process:
- Compile a detailed production schedule for all publications for all undergraduate recruitment information products (both programmes and recruitment product);
- Coordinate the activities of the various internal and external role players in the production of the information products;
- Organise production teams and delegate project management responsibilities to faculty and professional service departments to achieve set objectives;
- Ensure planning of resources and affordability factors;
- Monitor and track the progress of the publication process;
- Keep records of all projects and their progress;
- Compile and submit reports on the projects to management;
- Research and utilise technology in line with current and new trends;
- Quality control and sign-off:
- Evaluate and monitor the correctness of product information;
- Adhere to the branding guidelines of UP;
- Distribute proof prints to stakeholders of faculties and departments for sign-off prior to printing;
- Complete final sign-off on all information products as per project scope;
- Keep record of all processes and version control of product development;
- Distribution of DESA information products:
- Develop a distribution schedule;
- Facilitate the arrangements for deliveries to stakeholders;
- Oversee the printing schedule and follow up with printers;
- Keep record of all deliveries;
- Financial management:
- Apply financial control mechanisms regarding UP policy requirements;
- Acquire and submit comparative quotations as per policy for publication products;
- Acquire approval before proceeding with printing of information products;
- Manage publication budgets and submit reports management.
- Bachelor’s degree in languages, with specialisation in English; OR
- BEd with specialisation in English; OR
- B Communication Science; OR
- B Information Management; OR
- BIS (Publishing, Information Design, Publication Management or Multimedia)
- Five years’ experience in:
- Relevant publication management;
- Managing group projects;
- Product design.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Organisational capabilities;
- Knowledge of a tertiary education environment;
- Computer skills;
- Editing, translation and proof reading skills;
- Management skills;
- Dynamic and innovative;
- Ability to conceptualise;
- Multilingualism (English, Afrikaans and other South-African languages);
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to consult with multiple role-players within and outside DESA regarding the development and supply of information products;
- Negotiating and co-ordinating abilities;
- Deadline and due date driven;
- Attention to detail and quality assurance;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- Sense of responsibility in all dealings;
- Adaptable and flexible.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Qualification in Project Management;
- Three years’ financial management experience;
- A valid driver’s license.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 14 March 2023
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Z Gqabi, email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Dr P Clase, firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 May 2023, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent to undergo verification of personal credentials and related information including, but not limited to, qualifications, criminal record, credit record, current and historic disciplinary proceedings as part of the selection process.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
To apply for this job please visit upnet.up.ac.za.