De Beers Group of Companies
- Hiring Organisation: De Beers Group of Companies Careers
- Vacant Position: Senior Manager
- Job Location: Elandsfontein, Gauteng
- Required Qualification: Matric/ Grade 12/ Bachelor Degree
- Stipend: Discussed in Interview
Apply For Vacancies in De Beers Group of Companies as a Senior Manager Job Role Which is Available For City, State Location. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. Keep Visiting For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa.
-You’ll make us shine
You enjoy being part of a talented and diverse team and can communicate easily and openly with your colleagues. You are also passionate about quality work and know that good communication does not just happen – a great deal of care is taken to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness. With a fascinating product, a global business and great stories to tell, come and be part of our team.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people. To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
-The Senior Manager: Strategic Sourcing will provide strategic leadership to the De Beers Group of Companies’ on negotiable operational spend and contract management. This role is a shared services role and provides strategic sourcing capability across the GoC – directly supporting the wholly managed business units and indirectly supporting the joint ventures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinates BU Category Managers on their own and regional categories to draft and deliver on category planning and fact-based strategic sourcing, including the implementation and roll out of sourcing strategies and initiatives and the capturing of delivered benefits.
- Drives and ensures value delivery against current, historic and benchmark spend, based on strategic sourcing principles i.e. understand and manage the life cycle cost and/or TCO of equipment, spares, materials and services to satisfy business needs.
- Drives and supports strategic sourcing initiatives on safety, sustainable and reliable sourcing, supplier relationship management and emerging market development.
- Participate in the development of Group Supply Chain policies and strategy and implement continuous improvement programmes and new procedures.
- Manages the relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the attainment of business model objectives.
- Supports and drives physical Supply Chain objectives by aligning and integrating objectives into category management activities.
- Responsible for integrating and facilitating Anglo American and De Beers Group activities to ensure world class category management results and optimal category value of ownership for De Beers Group of Companies.
- Responsible for the setting and preparation of KPIs for team as well as personal development and training plans to ensure alignment to the overall objectives of the De Beers Supply Chain. Allocate work, manage performance (contractors included), train direct reports and maintain discipline in department.
- Implements projects / initiatives as and when required, taking cognizance of project principles, project scope, specifications, time and cost parameters, heath, safety and legal requirements.
-Bachelor degree level, preferably in business and/or engineering disciplines.
- Advanced university qualifications, preferably an MBA.
- Membership of relevant professional body is preferred.
Role-specific knowledge and experience:
- Strong SAP and Ariba experience.
- Good knowledge of Scope 3 carbon neutral imperatives.
- Experience of sourcing or operations related to the responsibility category / sub categories.
- Broad experience and success in Mining or maintenance management in large operations would be advantageous.
- Understanding of strategic sourcing techniques and TCO analysis.
- Strong operational experience in a Supply Chain Management role.
- Proven purchasing, goods consolidation, warehousing, inventory management and logistics experience.
- Strong relationship management and people management experience.
- Legislation: Preferential procurement and Mining Charter.
- Supply Chain Policies, Procedures & Systems.
-Who we are: De Beers Group
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show car and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Closing date: 14 March 2023
To Apply Online
First click on the apply now button given below. you will be redirected to the official job portal on company website at there read the official job description provided by the officials of the organization. after reading the job information fill the online job application form carefully then submit the job application form.
To apply for this job please visit www.debeersgroup.com.