- Hiring Organisation: Transnet Careers
- Vacant Position: Senior Manager
- Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Transnet as a Senior Manager Job Role Which is Available For City, State Location. Transnet has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 02.03.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Senior Manager: Office of CPO
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Supply Chain
Location : Durban
Reporting To : General Manager: Supply Chain Management
Grade Level : D
Reference Number : 202494
Overall management of the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer through provision of strategic support to the Chief
Procurement Officer in fulfilling his role of leading the Department to achieve improved service levels, governance and
compliance, costs savings and efficiencies across the department.
Responsible for supporting the Chief Procurement Officer in implementing the procurement strategy and for increasing spend
management, identifying and evolving best practices and transforming the organisation from one that is often still locally
driven to one that is led by a centre of excellence.
1. Overall management of the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) in terms of developing and maintaining
appropriate procurement management systems and applications.
2. Commence with modernising and overseeing the TPT procurement system to ensure that the procurement of goods,
services and construction works is conducted in a fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective manner in line
with Section 217 of the Constitution of South Africa and all applicable legislation.
3. Manages procurement reforms, maintains the procurement system and oversee the way in which TPT does business
with the relevant stakeholders.
4. Provide effective and efficient management support to the CPO.
5. Coordinate and manage projects as assigned by the CPO.
6. Manage business process outsourcing activities by identifying and realising cost-saving and cost-reduction
7. Selection and management of procurement systems.
8. Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier
management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
9. Provision of support to the CPO through attendance of his meetings, follow-up on agreed actions and ensures that the
CPO gets feedback as soon as possible on meetings attended on behalf of the CPO.
10. Compile CPO Reports to the SCM Council, TPT Chief Executive, TPT Executive Committee and its sub-committees,
the Group Executive Team and Board of Directors.
11. Compile the Chief Procurement Officer Performance Agreement and identify all measures for cascading to direct
12. Building a Procurement Centre of Excellence (CoE) to help transform Procurement and support broader transformation
of the value chain and the enterprise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Operations, Commercial, Engineering, Legal or Financial
- National Diploma in Commerce or Finance including a minimum of Level 5 CIPS Diploma.
- A post graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, Commercial, MCIPS will be
an added advantage;
- 8-10 years relevant experience in a Supply Chain Management Function with a minimum of 3 years at management
- Requirement of trust and honesty in the handling of finances as per the National Credit Act Amendment 19;
- Willing to undergo Lifestyle Audit and State Security Agency vetting.
- Strategy & Sustainability
- Inspirational Leadership
- Business Performance and Delivery
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Personal Mastery
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.transnet.net.