- Hiring Organisation: Jellyfish Careers
- Vacant Position: Software Engineering Director
- Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in Jellyfish as a Software Engineering Director Job Role Which is Available For Cape Town, Western Cape Location. Jellyfish has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
Jellyfish is your digital partner. We support and drive digital transformation by providing the right technology, strategy and training.
We are one of the world’s fastest-growing number of talented people across our expanding global network. We are Google’s leading global partner. And our close relationship is growing where we are, what we do and how we deliver it. And to do this, we want to grow our skillset. We’d like you to join our journey as ONE Jellyfish.
About the Role
Jellyfish are looking for a Software Engineering Director to work with our team in Cape Town. Jellyfish works with some amazing clients and as an Engineer, you get to experience a wide variety of project work from working on multi-tenanted SaaS platforms & complex data-driven web apps.
- Work with a development team to deliver exceptional, multi-browser/device compatible SaaS platforms and applications
- Engage with team in sprint ceremonies, estimate, plan and deploy production ready sprint deliverables
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Maintain a proactive attitude to problem-solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment
- Joining in the team discussions on processes, tools and best practices
- Advise on new technologies and ensure Jellyfish are always evolving
- Coach and mentor junior team members
What you’ll need
- Strong knowledge and significant previous experience in a lead engineer role, with substantial experience and application of:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Strong understanding of FE frameworks such as react, or angular.
- Strong understanding of modern application architectures – microservices, event driven, serveless.
- Strong experience of unit testing
- Excellent knowledge of integrating with restful API’s, internal & 3rd party.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of developers and being able to accurately scope and investigate new work.
- The ability to proactively improve the development environment or process in their day-to-day duties
- Github version control
- Strong Docker experience
- Strong understanding of different database technologies.
- AWS or GCP cloud certifications or very strong cloud knowledge advantageous
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated with a sense of ownership
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team
“Jellyfish will give preference to Employment Equity candidates in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity Plan and it’s Affirmative Action measures.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Jellyfish is committed to making adjustments in our recruitment process to enable you to demonstrate your full potential. Should you require reasonable accommodation, please fill out the form here.
- Flexible working
- Annual Bonus
- Anniversary Increase
- Training and Development
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counseling
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.