- Hiring Organisation: AECI Careers
- Vacant Position: Technical Officer
- Job Location: Witbank, Mpumalanga
- Required Qualification: Relevant Qualification
- Salary: R 195000.00-465000.00 Yearly
- Last Date: 31/03/2023
Apply For Vacancies in AECI as a Technical Officer Job Role Which is Available For Witbank, Mpumalanga Location. AECI has released a job notification On Their Official Careers website. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa Click Here.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner at company and customer sites
- Competent operation of technical blasting tools
- Interpretation of blast design data for safe and efficient blasting
- Communication of blast design data to supervisor/customer/ subcontractor
- Responsible for logistics of supply of explosives products for blasting operations at allocated sites
- Responsible for safe blasting process
- Conducts post blast evaluation
- Identifies and analysis opportunities for value adding services to improve customer operations
- Blasting assessments on a weekly basis on the operators and assistants
- Monthly reports on the business, supply, delivery and usage of product
- Interfacing with the technical projects team, accountable for all technical projects on site
- The position requires a full understanding of all the modules that make up the blasting competency program
- The position requires involvement in dealing with management at all levels in the organization
- Problem solving as well as decision making both in on bench conditions and customer enquiries are critical at all times. The position involves gathering information from various sources to determine the viability of the business. The incumbent should use his initiative to extract information to provide management with information that could further assist them in
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12
- Surface blasting certificate or ticket is essential.
- Valid Code B Drivers Licence.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Diploma in Explosives Technology would be an advantage
- Be able to complete the AEL Explosives Engineers – must have completed Surface part of the course
Specific experience required
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant mining and blasting experience
To apply for this job please visit aeci.erecruit.co.