- Hiring Organisation: Netcare Careers
- Vacant Position: Theatre Unit Manager
- Job Location: Upington, Northern Cape
- Required Qualification: Matric/ Grade 12/ Bachelor Degree
- Stipend: R 576,000.00/ Yearly
Apply For Vacancies in Netcare as a Theatre Unit Manager Job Role Which is Available For Upington, Northern Cape Location. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. Keep Visiting For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa.
The Theatre Unit Manager will be responsible for coordinating improved quality nursing care by ensuring compliance
to professional and ethical practice.
The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is
implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be
accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage HR costs in such a way as to ensure cost effective quality care including overtime, temporary staff etc.
• Control of asset register
• Manage and monitor debtors days
• Manage all costs emanating from the theatre
• Conduct Stock Management, Stock Control and managing consumables.
• Order stock from preferred suppliers and conduct cycle counts
• Manage charging and billing, check that patient information is correct, check CPD and ICD 10 codes and Medical
Aid and Authorisation information.
• Complete Capex equipment budget, compile annual capex budget as Theatre and Doctor requirements.
Perform Strategic planning and set objectives to ensure that operational requirements are met including quality
• Conduct short, medium and long term strategic planning with the team and compile an annual Theatre Strategic
• Review Action Plan to ensure that objectives are met timeously
• Organise Theatre to ensure a therapeutic environment
• Ensure all categories of staff in Theatre, implement Medicross Theatre Policies and Procedures.
• Conduct Annual Training Needs Analysis as per the Workplace Skills Plan Requirement
• Ensure a written daily task allocation /schedule is available in Theatre
• Ensure staff working according to scope of practice attend in-service training programme and participate in staff
• Plan and organise staffing, including duty hours, time keeping and leave planning as per KRONOS Timekeeping
• Manage equipment, planned maintenance programme for equipment service schedules
Governance and quality management:
• Review and maintenance of Policy and Procedure Manuals in line with National Core s Standards
• Ensure continuous evaluation of Administrative records and Nursing records
• Evaluate procedures versus standards
• Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and Quality Improvement initiatives
are developed and measured
• Establish committee to determine bench mark and clinical indicators with management team
• Provide feedback to National Ops Manager and share best practice with all clinics
• Investigate all negative incidents and ensure appropriate capturing on IMS
• Monitor safety standards in accordance with the Machine and Occupational Safety Act (Act 6 of 1983). Report all
accidents and incidents to Line Manager / Safety Representatives
• Ensure compliance with protocols, policies and Acts
• Ensure adverse events monitoring and CSA management
• Ensure monthly audits of nursing documentation and put corrective action plans in place
• Manage the OHS function including attending of committee meetings, training, contractor SLA’s etc.
Ensure adherence to infection control principles and complete monthly audits.
• Ensure the unit is providing safe, cost effective quality patient care in line with the Clinical Governance strategy
and evidence based practice
• Evaluate the patient’s journey through patient experience and stakeholder input
• Manage patient complaints and satisfaction index through Cirmit
• Implement system to determine the quality of nursing services on daily basis.
• Provide the relevant patient information and education with patients on discharge through use of Intranet and as
per Doctor’s protocol/s.
• Evaluate nursing quality indicators and clinical outcomes
• Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care
• Promote health and well- being of patients and staff
• Ensure the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to
• Implementing group quality initiatives
• Manage patient’s belongings and valuables
• Motivate and maintain a positive customer service orientation with all staff
• Compile and update community resource lists
Sales Representative meetings:
• Obtain necessary information from sales representatives and ensure product demonstration
• Liaise with sales representatives with regards to the new products and equipment and arrange in service training
for staff on new products and equipment.
• Assist with theatre bookings, preparation of patients for procedures, patient recovery, CSSD etc.
• Ensure daily procedures are in place and adhered to i.e. emergency trolley, scheduled drugs, waste disposal etc.
• Manage emergency care by prioritising cases, checking of equipment and mock resuscitations
• A relevant nursing qualification
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
• Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
• Diploma Operating Room Science or equivalent qualification
• A minimum of 2 – 4 years managerial experience – Essential
• An intermediate level of Computer proficiency private hospital setting – Essential
• Experience in clinical leadership – preferred.
• Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office
To Apply Online
First click on the apply now button given below. you will be redirected to the official job portal on company website at there read the official job description provided by the officials of the organization. after reading the job information fill the online job application form carefully then submit the job application form.
To apply for this job please visit www.netcare.co.za.