- Hiring Organisation: Netcare Careers
- Vacant Position: Unit Manager
- Job Location: Tlhabane, North West
- Required Qualification: Matric/ Grade 12/ Bachelor Degree
- Stipend: R 429,121.00/ Yearly
Apply For Vacancies in Netcare as a Unit Manager Job Role Which is Available For Tlhabane, North West Location. To Comply with The position candidate need to have the required qualification as mentioned in the description of the official job portal. Apply as soon as possible before the job gets expired. Keep Visiting For more government and private job vacancies in across South Africa.
To Co-ordinate all the functions and activities related to the provision, promotion and assurance of quality of patient care, excellent service to doctors, visitors and support services in a cost-effective manner as well as motivating, supporting and optimising staff performance and education so that an optimum contribution is made to the successful functioning of the theatre department.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Quality Nursing Care
• Assure quality, cost effective nursing care 24 hours a day
• Conduct regular rounds to supervise and evaluate quality nursing care and treatment Conform with Doctors’
requirements/expectations, remaining within your scope of practice as well as being the patients’ advocate
• Participate and contribute at Unit Managers’ and Head of Department meetings
• Manage staff and resources efficiently, to ensure optimum functioning of the department
• Design and implement an induction programme
• Provide continual in-service development according to an in-service programme
• Create an awareness for self – development
• Develop and maintain sound employee relationships
• Develop and maintain teamwork within the department
• Maintain effective discipline according to Netcare’s code of conduct and disciplinary procedures
• Apply effective industrial relation procedures and policies
• Maintain a motivated workforce
• Ensure that an effective performance management system is implemented within the department, in line
with the Netcare Employee Development Programme (EPD).
• Administration and planning of annual leave for departmental staff
• Maintain and complete staff’s timecards on a daily basis on the time and attendance system
• Conduct regular training needs analysis for all staff
• Empower staff within the hospital and organisational developmental standards and frameworks
• Ensure safe and correct use of all equipment
• Apply planned maintenance according to a maintenance schedule
• Review replacements in line with a budget
• Provide training to staff on the effective use of equipment and assets
• Monthly monitoring of cost centre expenditure against budget
• Maintain accurate monthly stats
• Maintain up- to date policy file
• Regularly deal with correspondence and maintain effective filing system
• Design and implement a quality improvement programme in order to ensure quality within your department
• Complete Self-Assessment Audits on a quarterly basis in order to assess compliance with policies and
implement remedial action
• Formulate policies, procedures and standards for your department and measure department against policies
to ensure quality improvement
• Ensure continuous evaluation and upgrading of policies and procedures
• Evaluate customer satisfaction on a daily / monthly basis and adjust action plan in accordance with results
• Create and maintain effective communication within the department as well as with other departments
• Network effectively with other departments
• Maintain effective relationships with external bodies and associations
• Maintain daily communication with employees to ensure effective running of department
• Conduct weekly/ monthly meetings with staff
Occupational Health and Safety
• Ensure an effective internal and external emergency/disaster plan is in existence and known by all staff
• Ensure that all staff are aware of all occupational health and safety issues and have been orientated to this
• Implement all Occupational Health and Safety Act ‘s procedures
• Develop a culture that will support and optimise the achievements of the hospital’s vision and mission
• In line with the hospital’s long term goals , implement proactive action plans to implement culture
• Monitor and provide feedback to Line Managers Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
• A post-basic qualification in Operation Room Nursing Science will be an advantage
• Any Management or relevant business qualification will be advantageous.
WORK EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Operating Medical Ward
• Previous Management or supervisory experience
• Ability to work under pressure and to function independently
• Flexible working hours as per the need of the department.
• Sound knowledge of a Budgetary Process
• Computer literacy
• Proficiency in English.
To Apply Online
First click on the apply now button given below. you will be redirected to the official job portal on company website at there read the official job description provided by the officials of the organization. after reading the job information fill the online job application form carefully then submit the job application form.
To apply for this job please visit www.netcare.co.za.